Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Deandre McCamey - St. Joseph - Highlight Mixtape - "Down But Never Out"



When Deandre McCamey entered high school, everything seemed to be going just right. The star on the sophomore team as a freshman, starting varsity point guard as a sophomore, and big time AAU tournaments with the Illinois Wolves- then injuries put everything on hold. After a long recovery period Deandre returned to the court, and though it took him some time to return to form, he had a terrific senior season for a very good St. Joes squad, playing for legendary coach Gene Pingatore and alongside fellow seniors Wayne Simon, Mantas Dubauskas, and Brandon Carr. ESPN.com had this to say: "This very strong and physical combination guard is an excellent passer and defender. McCamey wears two knee sleeves but it does not keep him from competing and attacking on both ends." Though being injured may have weakened his body, it strengthened his mind, resolve and work ethic. Whatever college ends up landing him is going to be getting a kid who will have an impact in their program from day one, as there aren't many players in the nation with as much knowledge, passion and experience as Deandre McCamey... For more info email DanielPoneman@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT ME

Basketball is not what I do, it is who I am. When I was a senior in high school I made the decision to forego college so that I could commit every waking moment to my passion. I've tried to give my job a label, but there really is no one title that describes it. My old site focused on covering high school basketball in Illinois and reporting recruiting news, and DP B-ball was created to enable my staff and I to do much much more. This blog is a transition site until the real DPBball.com gets released, and my staff and I will be updating daily with tons of fun and exciting content about everything high school hoops. With highlight videos, interviews on camera and off, recruiting news from around the globe, compelling feature articles, and much more, DP B-ball is the place to be for anybody who shares my passion. It's YOU, the people of the basketball community, that make it possible for me to do what I love every day, and for that I am forever grateful and willing to do whatever I can to help you all just like you do for me. So email me anytime, and if you love hoops like I do, consider me your friend. Thanks, and enjoy!

Followers