Monday, February 22, 2010

Kyree Jones Commits to Northern Illinois University


2010 point guard Kyree Jones of North Carolina Tech Preparatory School recently verbally committed to Coach Ricardo Patton at Northern Illinois University. Jones, a 6'2", 205 pound scoring point guard, chose the Huskies over interest from Kent State, George Mason, Georgia Southern, Texas Southern, and IUPUI, along with an offer from Oregon.

Jones committed to NIU due to several factors, "I connected right away with Coach Patton, he's a good coach and a great person.. NIU is close to home so my family can come watch me play.. and I can go in right away and get a lot of playing time in a decent conference," said Jones. Jones figures to contribute immediately for the Huskies,"
Nothing will be given to me but if i work my tail off in the summer and fall I think I will have a shot at starting"

Jones ability to penetrate, and shoot should mesh well with current
Huskies backcourt star Xavier Silas.

"I fell great about playing with Xavier, he can score in so many ways
on the court, and he is really cool off the court. I think we will be a
good duo next season."

The well traveled Jones spent a postgraduate year this year at North
Carolina Tech Prep School. Jones went to NC Tech to raise his
recruiting profile, and readiness for college. "Carolina Tech developed
me on how to play hard and get after teams for 40 minutes. I've never
played on a team where we pressed the whole game but because of
them I'm able to do so now," said Jones.

Kyree Jones will be a freshman next year at NIU. This scoring point
guard has the talent and desire to step in and play right away for the Huskies.

2 comments:

ABOUT ME

Basketball is not what I do, it is who I am. When I was a senior in high school I made the decision to forego college so that I could commit every waking moment to my passion. I've tried to give my job a label, but there really is no one title that describes it. My old site focused on covering high school basketball in Illinois and reporting recruiting news, and DP B-ball was created to enable my staff and I to do much much more. This blog is a transition site until the real DPBball.com gets released, and my staff and I will be updating daily with tons of fun and exciting content about everything high school hoops. With highlight videos, interviews on camera and off, recruiting news from around the globe, compelling feature articles, and much more, DP B-ball is the place to be for anybody who shares my passion. It's YOU, the people of the basketball community, that make it possible for me to do what I love every day, and for that I am forever grateful and willing to do whatever I can to help you all just like you do for me. So email me anytime, and if you love hoops like I do, consider me your friend. Thanks, and enjoy!

Followers